September 22, 2010

Zombie Survival Guide Journal




Behold! One of my favorite creations: The zombie survival guide journal I had made for one of my boyfriend's Christmas gifts! The leather is a dark, tanned leather that has a nice soft, worn feel to it. I also attached a button to the cover, so the string you see in the picture wraps around the journal then wraps around the button to keep the journal closed. The paper that I lined the inside of the journal as shown was given to me from a friend. On the right page, it says, "Danny Valentine's Zombie Survival Guide". I'm the coolest girlfriend ever.
I had aged the paper using the tea stained method and splattered watered down red paint onto the pages. This is to create the awesome gory, bloody effect within the pages. He loved this idea.




Here is the back inside cover of the journal with more red paint (or "blood").







Book binding (especially with leather covers) has been a huge joy for me to craft recently. Books have always been a joy for me ever since I was a little girl. Instead of a stuffed animal, I would literally carry around a book instead.

I'll be making many more journals in the future. I'm going to teach myself the coptic stitch, as well as some book journals (using old book covers journal covers instead).

2 comments:

A Gamer's Wife said...

Wow, I'm so impressed! You're definitely a blogger worth following. ^_^

Elise said...

Aww, thank you! Likewise ;).

Post a Comment