March 17, 2010

My First Crochet Scarf!

BAM! This is my first crocheted scarf! I'm pretty impressed with it. The stitches I used throughout was the single crochet stitch. This scarf was awesome practice. Not only did I learn the single crochet stitch (and I did enough stitches so that it'll stick with me), but I completed a scarf. My very first scarf! Squee!

The scarf is a little short; not enough to wrap around my neck. This is because, since this was the first ball of yarn that I bought to learn how to crochet, a lot of the yarn was used to learn and practice. For the longest time, my stitches kept on getting fewer and fewer, and pretty soon my creation would be nothing more than a pyramid, but eventually I got it down (Youtube <3).

I will probably not wear this very often. I do love the color combination, but it's too short for me and not particularly my style.

Here I am getting fancy with my photography. You can see the stitches pretty well in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment